At the centre of our staff team are the senior management, Salisbury House is a owner managed family run care home. The registered owner managers Russell and Marika Canner oversee the daily running of the home alongside their daughter Laura Canner; we feel this is integral to maintaining the traditional family feel of the home.
Our experienced and dedicated staff team have been carefully chosen to ensure the highest standard of care is delivered at all times. We believe that by investing in training and staff development, all staff receive over 40 hours of formal training per year to ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills to meet the residents’ needs.
- Safe recruitment practices are following including enhanced criminal records and previous employment checks.
- All staff complete an extensive induction programme.
- Salisbury House prides itself on maintaining a low staff turnover; several staff have worked at Salisbury House for over 10 years.
- All Health Care Assistants are enrolled or have completed QCF Health and Social Care Awards at Level 2 or above. Several staff have achieved their Level 3 award, and many staff have completed specialist dementia qualifications. Our experienced management team have achieved Level 5 Health and Social Care Leadership and Management Awards.
- Staff complete over 40 hours of formal training annually.
- Staff are also enrolled in distance learning programmes to enhance their knowledge of conditions such as dementia.
- On site registered dignity champion.
- Three on site registered dementia champions.
- Two experienced Activities Coordinators who provide a varied activities programme 6 days a week.
- Experienced catering team including qualified chefs.