Our catering team have designed a nutritious and diverse menu to suit all tastes with all special dietary requirements catered for. Menus are regularly reviewed and residents’ committee meetings are held with our chefs to ensure that resident’ tastes and desires are incorporated into the menu. Each meal is prepared freshly by our team of trained chefs, and a number of alternatives are offered to suit individual tastes. At Salisbury House we are very scrupulous about the ingredients we use to prepare our meals, and we source seasonal vegetables and fruit from a local farm that provide us with fresh quality produce twice a week. We source all our meats from a local butcher who provide us with quality meats and poultry. Fish and Chips Friday is a favourite with our residents, so we ensure that all fish is fresh and sourced from a local fish mongers. Elderly people require good nutrition and need to keep well hydrated. We consider menu and diet to be of up most importance, which is why we have implemented a rolling 4 week menu that is reviewed with the residents seasonally. See below for an example of our current menu.
Please note, our lunch and evening meals change on a daily basis. To view a weekly sample menu, please click here.
- Cereals, freshly homemade porridge, eggs, toast and preserves accompanied by fruit juice or a pot of tea or coffee.
- Roast Gammon, served with roast potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower cheese and honey roasted parsnips with white onion sauce or gravy.
- Followed by: Mandarin Fruit Flan.
- Fresh fruit salad is available daily as a lighter option for all service users.
- Served with pots of tea, coffee and fruit juice
- Tea, coffee or fruit juice with a selection of biscuits.
- Homemade Pea & Ham soup served with a Crusty Bread Roll.
- Accompanied by freshly made sandwiches with a variety of fillings with coleslaw, salads are available daily as a lighter option for all service users.
- Homemade Honey Cake.
- A selection of cheeses are available accompanied by crackers and pickles each evening.
- Served with tea, coffee and fruit juice.
- Horlicks, Hot chocolate, hot milk, tea and milky coffee available with biscuits, cakes, or toast preserves.
- On Special Occasions & Birthdays we provide a 'Party Tea' including a selection of party food and birthday cake. Also glass sparkly bubbly wine.